The Eu-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (Epa)

This agreement opens up important economic opportunities and creates an area of nearly 600 million people representing nearly 30% of the world`s GDP. This agreement is particularly beneficial for French farmers and exporters: Japan is France`s sixth largest trading partner outside the European Union. Around 8,000 French companies are already exporting there, many for the first time exporters, and selling more than 6 billion euros worth of goods. The Japanese market offers considerable potential for French products due to its size and the high standards of its consumers. On 17 July 2018, the European Union and Japan signed an Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), the largest trade agreement ever negotiated by the EU, which will create an open trade area of more than 600 million people. You can also visit the website of the Helpdesk European Commission – DG Commerce, which gives an overview of the specific provisions of the agreement. Ue-Japan cooperation:ec.europa.eu/growth/industry/international-aspects/cooperation-governments/eu-japan_en The world liberal order is under enormous pressure due to the much-felt loss of U.S. global leadership in international politics and security under the Trump administration, coupled with authoritarian policies of strong men in countries such as Russia and China. This is one of the main reasons why the EU and Japan have concluded – at least on paper – the STRATEGIC partnership agreement between the EU and Japan (SPA). The bilateral framework agreement includes cooperation between the EU and Japan in the areas of international policy, economy and security.

It was signed and adopted in July 2018 in parallel with the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA). While the agreements indicate positive intentions, some of the following questions arise; and where are we now in implementation? What are the priority themes and areas that Tokyo and Brussels wish to address? And what is the likelihood that bilateral consultations and dialogues will be accompanied, in the months and years to come, by a common EU-Japan policy? The agreement clearly promotes the fight against climate change and includes measures to combat climate change. It obliges both countries to implement the Paris Agreement. This document contains a quantitative analysis of the new EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), the largest bilateral agreement to date between both the EU and Japan. It uses a generalized variant of the Eaton Kortum (2002) model, which includes several sectors, entry-exit connections, trade in services and non-tariff barriers to trade (NTBs). It uses the results of an ex post econometric analysis of an existing free trade agreement between the EU and Korea to align the expected cost savings for NB. This approach has long-term well-being effects for Japan of about $18 billion per year (0.31% of GDP) and about $15 billion (0.10%) EU. On average, the agreement does not appear to harm third countries. 14% of welfare gains in the EPA come from tariffs, the remaining 86% from the NTB reform and more than half from the services sector.

Beğen  
Yazar

Krampon modelleri üzerine güncel paylaşımlar